My hysterectomy went well and as expected (other than having to take one of my ovaries). That is probably for the better since I have been complaining about left sided pain for a few years now. Recovery has been challenging thus far due to medication complications. I was given a drug in my personal pain pump that is 10x stronger than morphine yet no one told me that and my pump was programmed for morphine. The first 24 hours were awful due to that... I didn't have an ounce of pain, but I couldn't maintain my oxygen levels or blood pressure and I couldn't stay awake more than 2 minutes at a time. Once we figured that out... It took a couple more days to get the pain control figured out. I was supposed to come home yesterday, but stayed until this evening so that I could get on oral meds. I am so grateful to have Sheri and Emma here this week helping with the kids, the house, Addison, etc... they are doing a wonderful job and I know I don't have to worry about anything but healing. Dad and Kathy arrive tomorrow and are staying for a week. We couldn't have done this without the support of our family and friends! Good news... my preliminary pathology report showed no surprises... there are no further tumors or cancer. Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. God has been so good to us!
Love,
Kari
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment